Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
It's a NAS 7P (T3 here on CT), which means it has the Torsen Center diff (4motion) and electronic differential locks (ABS controlled). A great video of a good driver and a very capable vehicle!

Reactions: Dillon

·
Registered
112 Posts
@Dillon , mpg changed with those monster wheels? As i remember, they are 285/60 R18? Brand of tires?
By the trip computer I’m seeing about 17 avg. I have not calculated it but I need too! The tires are 305/60r18 and I had Micky Thompson MTZ but in this video I am running my new Nitto Ridge Graplers. I love them so far!

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
This Touareg would do even better if it had V10, Xmotion and front and rear lock + anti-roll bars that disconnects. Then she will climb almost like a Unimog!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
This Touareg would do even better if it had V10, Xmotion and front and rear lock + anti-roll bars that disconnects. Then she will climb almost like a Unimog!!
V10 is overrated...v6 can make more power, more efficiently and more reliably

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
V10 is overrated...v6 can make more power, more efficiently and more reliably
Yes V10's maybe overrated in quite a few opinions.
That does show a V6 TDI Touareg's capability but being a US model is just lacking that low range option for that stuff at times.:ROFLMAO::censored::(:cautious:
But i can tell you IMHO a V10 in low range, with those tyres, at max air suspension height, center and rear diff locks in, would have done all that with quite a bit less revving.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yes V10's maybe overrated in quite a few opinions.
That does show a V6 TDI Touareg's capability but being a US model is just lacking that low range option for that stuff at times.:ROFLMAO::censored::(:cautious:
But i can tell you IMHO a V10 in low range, with those tyres, at max air suspension height, center and rear diff locks in, would have done all that with quite a bit less revving.

regards
Drag
Im sure V10 has so much torque in lower RPM range that it will give very impressive performance in any terrain, and if it has 4.55 diffs witch is extremely rare it will be twice as amazing ???

·
Registered
170 Posts
If the driver would have dropped the tires down 10-15 psi it would have walked up several of those obstacles even easier. We can see later in the video that they are down, but the first couple of rock climbs they look like normal inflation. I like the fact that he didn't charge the hills. He let the vehicle do the work instead of momentum. Great driving.

Sure is tempting to put a 2 inch lift on mine and go with bigger tires.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
@Dillon Nice to see a fellow Hoosier driving and Touareg T3. Nice driving and mods. I really like your winch install.
There was factory option that was available for the T1 some years ago, that was to install a winch inside the front bumper. There is a enough space for it.

Attachments

·
Learner
5,018 Posts
Without 4xmotion its harder, you have to rev harder and go faster over terrain and obstacles
The bigger tyres make it easier of course.
We have done similar tracks with people in all variants and the low range makes it so easy
Nonetheless great to see what a standard T3 can do with good tyres

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
There was factory option that was available for the T1 some years ago, that was to install a winch inside the front bumper. There is a enough space for it.
this is awesome it confirms what i have thought for a few years that VAG engineers thought ahead for a winch option. There is so much space up there front that its hard to imagine otherwise

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
A big theme which IMHO is missing is the most basic of facts of "Driver" competence.

The right knowledge and ability to negotiate certain terrain together with really good traction (great tyres) applied with finesse (experience) is the sweet spot

Reactions: roalco
1 - 20 of 28 Posts