Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Chuck Carter is my name,, and this is my first water cooled VW purchase since a few Vanagons many moons ago. And my first diesel anything ever. Going on a 2 month mark of purchasing a 2007 VW Touareg, with the V10 TDI. I am in LOVE with this what is NOW a driveway decoration. Here's my story.

Bought it for an excellent (undisclosed) price BC if a timing chain oil leak. Which, I repaired. Wee bit more than I have done for a while, just for a gasket. Runs, drives, pulls amazing. Love the power. Torque. All the factory options. Completely loaded vehicle. I can tow my 26' pontoon boat, but get almost 30 MPG highway when I'm not.

Issue. Went thru an automatic carwash night before last. Xmas Eve Eve I guess you can say. I pull out, and BAM, she acts funny. Idle went up to 900 RPM, and I lost throttle response. Nothing happens when I give it gas. Turn it off, start it back up again. In park, perfect normal throttle response. Put it in drive, get to about 20 MPH, and it "surges", for the lack of a word or explanation. goes back up to 900 RPM, and I lose throttle response again.

Findings. I have googled. Searched. Called. Messaged. Etc etc etc. And have come to the conclusion of the Accelerator Pedal Sensor, which also houses the TPS. Now. Back to m first statement, this is my FIRST water cooled since the first couple years of Vanagons many moons ago. What I did NOT notice, nor even know, was a plastic panel missing off the fuse box in the engine compartment. Went thru said carwash, car SUV acted up, pumped her home. Checked what I knew out of my many years of being a shade tree mechanic, couldn't find the TPS on the engine, So Googled, searched, you all know, till figured out the Pedal. Help on finding one is what I'm asking. I live in small town Ohio. 6 "local" junk yards, 2 of which didn't even know what a Touareg is. I will pay shipping and such, I just do NOT want to have time to thru a dealer.

Greatly Appreciated,
Broke down in Ohio Chuck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you already have a part number? ECS tuning is a very good resource. If you already have a part number you can just grab it online and the shipping is very fast. They offer OEM as well as aftermarket usually for most parts. If you are unsure of the part they are also very helpful if you give a call. I have talked to them in the past and explained what was happening and the symptoms and they put me on with one of their techs who helped walk me through and figure out what I needed and even emailed me a few documents out of a repair manual to help me out.

www.ecstuning.com

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would ensure all wiring and fuse panels, relay panels are dried out. If any water / moisture is left in there for a length of time, it will cause you a world of hurt and on-going problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts