Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!! treg died . Changed battery in fob key now doesn't work .....what can I do ? Does all Touareg have a kessy module ?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Help!!!! treg died . Changed battery in fob key now doesn't work .....what can I do ? Does all Touareg have a kessy module ?

Your Touareg died, or your fob died? If everything worked until you replaced the fob battery, have you made sure the new battery is installed right side up?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Always type the problem in the thread title.

"Help" doesn't help you nor anyone else with the same problem who might be searching the site later.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Always type the problem in the thread title.

"Help" doesn't help you nor anyone else with the same problem who might be searching the site later.
It is amazing how much unrelated balderdash turns up when you type 'help' or even '!!!!' in the search box. Not often what you want though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys I was at work couldn't give details .
So i drove my 2008 treg v6 gasser to the gym(nothing outa the norm ) , came bck and dash would light up but engine wouldn't start / turn over . First thought was the battery but the dash didn't say it was low . Tried jumping it with a civic and jeep for like 30 min each . Still nothing. . ..so I thought maybe the fob was dead n maybe there was no signal to the treg . I Changed the batt but forgot Sumtimes u have to reset the key and I only have one fob ( now I ****ed myself )
So now I have a dead batt possibly and possibly a fob that doesn't work . Question . What does blinking green light mean on fob ? I called the dealer and they said shouldn't have to reset it .
Read about a kessy module . Does all trees have it . Mine doesn't have a touch less entry . Any help thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinking of just towing it to pep boys to get batt checked / new installed . Then hopefully the fob works . Also I tried looking for post on neutral bypass by taking off the chrome center plate but couldn't find where to push to release the shifter .

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Battery in key fob is only for remote lock and keyless start. With a dead battery, you should still be able to put the key into the ignition and start.

Kessy module is for keyless entry and start, IIRC. If you don't have those features, you don't have a Kessy module.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You can't tow a Touareg - it's a flat bed job.

If you can't get it out of neutral, tell the tow man so he can bring dollies for the 4 wheels.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know then I don't have a kessy .When I insert the fob n turn , nothing turns on .( no lights , nothing ) can't even lock it with remote . Key gets locked in every time and have to push tiny button to release it . Could it be faulty fob ? Or really drained batt ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would the fob still unlock and lock if the battery was drained ? What color should remote blink if it was working ? Rite now it is green when I press it , could of sworn it was red before my batt went out .

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sounds about right, the Treg is so modern it simply will not turn over if power goes below some level. Back in the good old days one could just push start their own car if lucky enough to be on somewhat of an incline (I had to do this in the middle of nowhere in an ice storm once). Not so anymore. That occurrence led me to replace my battery every so often just as preventative maintenance, something like every five to six years. Easy peace of mind.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where is the realease button tho ?!!! I c the yellow connector . I don't get how is underneath ?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It's the white button in the silver metal block underneath the yellow connector.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Look at the picture, see the silver metal box like thing under the yellow connector?

Good because you can now see the small short metal tube sticking out of the side of that box with the bloody white button inside it!

If you still can't see it, go to the opticians!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts