Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle: 2004 T1.

I am unable to get my outside mirrors to sync when I put the car into reverse. I've read the manual, have it set to "Sync" in the MIL comfort menu. I've set the drivers seat memory to where I want them. The passenger side mirror responds properly, to where I want in reverse but the drivers side doesn't. What am I missing???

--Karl
Somewhere near Soggy Seattle

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What do you mean by "sync"?

The passenger side is suppose to drop down when put in reverse then return after put in drive but the driver's side remains stationary.

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 T1. I am unable to get my outside mirrors to sync when I put the car into reverse. I've read the manual, have it set to "Sync" in the MIL comfort menu. I've set the drivers seat memory to where I want them. The passenger side mirror responds properly, to where I want in reverse but the drivers side doesn't. What am I missing??? --Karl Somewhere near Soggy Seattle
The setting for sync has nothing to do with reversing. When you select "Sync" it synchronizes the mirror adjustment between both driver side and passengers side mirror. With this option selected the driver adjusts his/her side mirror to the desired position, and the vehicle calculates the "correct" position for the offside mirror based on the selected position of the near side. In short you set the driver side and vehicle sets the passenger side to match. It only works when you adjust the drivers side allowing you to refine the passengers side mirror alone.

Stuart....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Like Perry said, only the passenger side drops when you go in reverse and only if the mirror control is left in the R position. Apparently VW did not anticipate the invention of the One Way street where you can parallel park on the drivers side of the street. ;)
It would have been really easy (I imagine) to have it so you can move the mirror control the the L position to have the driver side drop when in reverse. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts