Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got my 2007 Touareg V6 back from the shop. First problem was with the door latch. My interior light was not coming on when I opened the door. Second problem was Headlight Range Control. I've read quite a bit about this and after almost 2 weeks in the garage it seems to be fixed. They replaced wiring harnesses, levelling sensor, control module.

After getting it back from the shop I have two more problems. When I try to open my drivers side door (anytime) I have to pull on the handle twice. It only works on the first try about 50% of the time. Normal???

My second problem. When the keys are in the ignition and I open the door I get a constant chime! Not an intermittent chime like every other damn thing (seatbelt, temperature etc) but a constant buzz! I checked a 2010 Touareg at the dealership and it was an intermittent chime like I thought it should be. The service person said I was wrong and it was normal. Can someone help me to confirm this because I think the service guy is completely wrong!.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
When I try to open my drivers side door (anytime) I have to pull on the handle twice. It only works on the first try about 50% of the time. Normal???
This is normal (on ROW Tregs anyway). I can play around with some of the setting s in the MFI to change this, but currently, when I go over 20km/h all the doors lock. As soon as I pull the key out of the ignition, the driver side door unlocks. If the key is still in the ignition (car running or not, doesn't matter) the door is still locked. The first pull on the handle unlocks the door. The second pull opens it. All VW's since '99 work like this.

When the keys are in the ignition and I open the door I get a constant chime! Not an intermittent chime like every other damn thing (seatbelt, temperature etc) but a constant buzz!
Mine does this when the lights are on, and/or when the indicator stalk is in an activated position (left or right) with the key out of the ignition and I open the door. (Bare in mind my DRL's are deactivated.) This is to warn you that the lights are still on when you exit the car. Put the key in the ignition, or switch the lights off and it should shut up.

Have a read through your owners manual. It's all in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts