Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna buy a used 2016 touareg, what is the most common issues to look for in 2016 touareg before buying?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Lol lots of threads out there on this. There aren't any items that are catastrophic to look out for, per se. Just be very thorough in your checks

Reactions: toulov

·
Registered
168 Posts
Overall mechanically sound vehicles, gas or diesel. I would be particular about maintenence on the TDI. Where is had been serviced - was correct oil always used? Fuel filter changed at proper intervals etc. If its a TDI and you are expecting it to have the extended emissions warranty have the vehicle checked and make sure previous owner didn't void the warranty with an illegal modification or tune. Check for SWS during a road test, will need to get up to 65 or 75 mph cruise to check this. (Much written on here about SWS) Also watch for vibration and SWS under braking, a sure sign the rotors are warpped and need replacement $$ for new ones. On the inside make sure all controls work, moonroof if equipped, seat memory buttons, mirror controls, heated seats, steering wheel, etc if equipped. Lock/unlock each door with touch system to make sure all are working properly. Nothing control wise would be a real deal breaker, just realize if something doesn't work and the seller is vague ("ugh its probably a fuse") it really probably a module or relay and will be $500. Negotiate appropriately.

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
Assist system issues...... cameras & sensors.

Reactions: toulov

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Overall mechanically sound vehicles, gas or diesel. I would be particular about maintenence on the TDI. Where is had been serviced - was correct oil always used? Fuel filter changed at proper intervals etc. If its a TDI and you are expecting it to have the extended emissions warranty have the vehicle checked and make sure previous owner didn't void the warranty with an illegal modification or tune. Check for SWS during a road test, will need to get up to 65 or 75 mph cruise to check this. (Much written on here about SWS) Also watch for vibration and SWS under braking, a sure sign the rotors are warpped and need replacement $$ for new ones. On the inside make sure all controls work, moonroof if equipped, seat memory buttons, mirror controls, heated seats, steering wheel, etc if equipped. Lock/unlock each door with touch system to make sure all are working properly. Nothing control wise would be a real deal breaker, just realize if something doesn't work and the seller is vague ("ugh its probably a fuse") it really probably a module or relay and will be $500. Negotiate appropriately.
all 2016 that i checked didnt have touch system on the door for opening and neither have turn on button just the key , but please can you people tell me if Touareg 2016 have some major issues that might pop up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts