Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new Touareg owner here, 2009 VR6. I recently heard what sounds like water moving around from the vents behind the center console for the rear seats. The weird thing is it only happens when I have the air on and it gets louder when I only have the air set to the lower "feet" setting. No evidence of leaking water any where in the cabin yet. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Have you checked your coolant level?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Take time to read the buying a used Touareg thread: it is essential reading for any new Touareg owner and the link is in my signature below.

There are several places water gets trapped in a Touareg.

Bulkhead/plenum chamber [can wreck expensive electrics], door sills, water in spare wheel well, aircon condensate on the front carpet, blocked sunroof drains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar issue in a different vehicle. Turns out it was air in the heater core, which is a very common issue. The heater core is located behind the dash and has coolant running thru it. With air in the heater core it sounds like waves of water or splashing. Coolant system may need to be burped with the vent system on high heat to purge the air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts