Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi .
not getting any water on my rear window . any body got a diagram of the water line in a 2009 Touareg , i hear the pump running but no water coming out .
Thanks .

·
Registered
786 Posts
check the upper right hinge when you are standing at the back of the vehicle with the tailgate open. That's where the fluid line runs from the headliner down into the hatch itself on a T2. Mine cracked at one point and it was just pumping the fluid into the space around the hatch. I ended up splicing the line together - a huge PITA - but I wanted to do it right instead of band aiding it.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Get someone to operate the washer whilst you stand at the back looking in with the tailgate open.

Look for signs of water top right, as above, in the roof lining or running down the side panel or the rearmost side window.

If you see a leak then:

1. You were running your wash without enough screen wash concentrate in there - a known problem.

2. The pipe has popped in the roof lining.

3. You need to very carefully drop part of the lining to fix the leak.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Get someone to operate the washer whilst you stand at the back looking in with the tailgate open. Look for signs of water top right, as above, in the roof lining or running down the side panel or the rearmost side window. If you see a leak then: 1. You were running your wash without enough screen wash concentrate in there - a known problem. 2. The pipe has popped in the roof lining. 3. You need to very carefully drop part of the lining to fix the leak.
Noobytoogy....I seem to have just developed the same problem on my T2. It seemed to coincide with my washer light coming on on the dash. Could you expand further on the known problem? Do I now have to prime the thing somehow? Is there a known fix?

I take it from the answers above, there is only the main wash fluid reservoir under the hood to serve front and pack?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
There is no connection with the low washer fluid light other than you have run out of washer fluid!

Have you got washer fluid coming out of the roof lining?

If the tubing has parted company in the roof you just fix that.

No priming required and, yes, there is only one washer bottle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts