Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to get a new windscreen in my rag but upon collection my passenger sat up a t bit. Upon closer inspection it revealed the spacer at the backer of the wiper arm was missing (not put in by the windscreen crowd). Ive tried everywhere to find one and to no avail. The vw garage will only sell me the whole arm!!

ANybody have on of the spacers as i need it asap.

Thanks

Richard

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
I would think this would be the responsibility of the place that replaced your windshield to fix. They lost the part there fore they should get a new one or find your old one and make it right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiper spcer

It is there problem but they refuse to buy a new arm as thats what u have to do from vw to get that spacer. They did say they wld look for a spacer in a scrapie but didnt turn up anything. They also reckon thatd the way it was when it came to them as the fitter took off and put on exactly what was there! Bit strange it passed an mot a few days earlier!!!

Ive tried every breakers round here and the last resort is getting one here!

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Suggest you change the thread to "Wiper part required". I note that the US boys use the term "parting out", referring to what we call down here as "wrecking for parts". Maybe you'll get a response that way. Failing that, the Euro 'wreckers' must have a Treg or three in pieces between Germany and Poland. Maybe you locate the VW part number and do a Google search?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ill do that tho vw dont have a part number for it as they will only sell u a whole arm!!

I c ur a vw man through and through lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts