Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car runs and dash shows a few errors, but no MIL.

Cannot get a ODB/CAN reader to connect.

Have checked most fuses.
DLC fuse definitely good.
ODB port has good power, grounds and both CAN lines.
ODB port does not show a bad K-line

Car has original radio, and no modification I know of other than the fuse pulled on the KESSEY.

Car previously was read by the same scanner (Bosch)

Car recently had battery die form sitting, but it took a charge and is looking good.

Assuming some module on the bus is preventing the read, does anyone think that a VAG-COM read can tell me which module?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2010 is at the dealer right now and had the same issue. They said it was a short in the battery. Once the battery was changed they were able to connect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2010 went in to check a MIL. Was scanned a day before with a snapon scanner but when the dealer got to the car the batter was dead, and they couldn't communicate with the car. The ended up figuring out that the there was a short in the battery. After new battery they were able to connect.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2010 went in to check a MIL. Was scanned a day before with a snapon scanner but when the dealer got to the car the batter was dead, and they couldn't communicate with the car. The ended up figuring out that the there was a short in the battery. After new battery they were able to connect.
Interesting.

The battery did go nearly flat before I put a charger on it.
It is showing a decent voltage now, and the car stars and runs, but I might try paralleling a good battery and see if that makes a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts