Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background, I have an 05 V8 with the 2C climate control & convenience pkg. All temps are in Fahrenheit I was driving from Houma, LA to MI. I stopped for the evening in Blytheville, AR to get a hotel room. When I stopped in was 18 degrees and everything was working fine. Yesterday morning it was a brisk 13 degrees I pulled the car around and left it running outside the front door while I checked out. I had the temp set to 75, heated seat set to 4, heated steering wheel on. After 10min or so I got in to drive off, noticed the seats and steering wheel were warm, but it was still pretty cold inside. oh well, I had 10hrs of driving and needed to get going. After about 20mins of driving I still was able to see my breath and the vents were blowing ice cold.
Looking at my gauges I nothing was out of the ordinary (14v, 200 degrees water temp and you could watch it drop to 190ish when the thermostat opens, oil temp around 160 all while traveling at 70-75mph)
I tried the various HVAC setting (defrost, recirculate, auto, auto-off, HI) no chance. I pulled off about 75 miles later to get breakfast and warm up. I pushed the REST button, it came on, the waterpump was audible and the fans kicked on... ice cold air.
A few hours and many heating pads shoved in my shoes later the power seat & power tilt stopped working after a gas stop.
After that the key fob range went way down (5ft or so) and the convenience lock/unlock stopped working all together.
I'm thinking the battery may be giving up the ghost, but since I dealt with the cold all yesterday I felt I'd post and see if anyone else has had similar experiences before going back out in the cold to trouble shoot.
Thoughts??
Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update..
started troubleshooting this morning.

Battery voltage 11.6-11.8v cold/engine off

Alternator charge output 13.6v at idle, 14.1v under load

I started looking at fuses, the 30amp fuse for the power seats was blown so that problem solved.

After running the car for a bit and checking various things the heat kicked on after about 30min. Was set to 75 and jumped to 77 on its own, the fans went from the lowest setting all the way to the top setting and hot air started blowing. I'm a bit dumbfounded and worried about it happening again.

Convenience locking still is non-operational.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. Did you ever find out what the problem was with your heating? I have the same problem with my '05 V6, but strangely only on the passenger side. I'm having it diagnosed by VW tomorrow, but not especially looking forward to what they find!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts