Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have a 2007 V6 and I can tell you that your steering wheel is all the way down or close thereto. Up all the way should not allow enough space for much between cluster and wheel trim. Seems something is in the way (wiring or some foreign object) or the adjustment feature is seized up for some reason. In any event your travel is too limited.

The wheel should pull out push in (away / towards dash). Any luck adjusting this? Any luck going further up down out verses in?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Here are some pictures for reference. Sorry no measurements, but the difference is pretty obvious. For reference up 100% has just enough room for a few sheets of paper and down all the way has about what you have. I threw the cover for the 12v socket into one picture for reference. Hope this helps.

In taking these pictures, I accidentally dropped my phone which went straight between the wheel and instrument cluster...very deep place to loose something...appears to have a fold at the back most area...hope something is lodged back there as I could see this as a culprit.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.