Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading thread after thread trying to find comparable issues and a solution. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction if available.

Issue:
Started "clunking", like many I've read, but while down shifting/ slowing down in all gears. Never had an issue prior to today. Happened a few times in a ten minute period while trying to get off the main road. Once we got to a parking lot and restarted the car, everything seemed to be fine. Drove 1/4 mile down hill and lost all power. No clunks for the most part, a little jerky, feel resistance/unusual vibration when gas is applied. No noise besides the revving engine taking my car nowhere.

At this time, I can shift my car into drive and may get a little clunk here and there, but all and all, very little noise/ movement, if any.

Is my transmission shot? Any suggestion?

Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you notice any difference when you switch the gearshift over into the manual shift mode? Have you checked fluid levels in the transmission?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently she will not allow a switch over to manual shift mode. She had a full service about a year ago but I haven't checked fluids since. When I asked the shop how to a check my trans fluid they said I can't. I'll have to look up how and try this first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts