Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry I've searched and searched and the pdc box and yellow connector isn't in front of the driver's side fuse box as pictured. I DO have parking distance control though! In the middle of installing a back up camera on my 2012 TDI and need to find the PDC box asap! I figured since I have PDC I didn't have to check beforehand. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have just done done a camera install yesterday but on a UK RHD model where the PDC unit is in a different location. However I think the main difference is yours should be mounted vertically on the side of a plastic bracket up under the dash...you have to remove the driver side lower dash in order to see it......it's not visible or accessible from the fuse area.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sir are a life saver!!! I had the lower dash removed and everything but this picture makes it seem like it should just be hanging there and I freaked out a little haha. I know this will help the next idiot though because there's not a lot of pictures out there like that.
THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Glad I could help :)

Perhaps when you have finished you could compare your grid lines to my photo on p25 of the retrofit thread and post there if yours are straight? I think I probably have a bad camera...:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do! Just finished installing the camera and running the wire through the hatch. Any tips on how/where to run the wire up to the glove box? Thanks again man!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I have the panoramic sunroof which means there is a relatively narrow channel behind the headlining and I wasn't happy fishing the cable through in case it could end up interfering with curtain airbag deployment should it ever be necessary.
Instead I ran the cable down the D pillar fished it behind the side panel and then forward tucking it under the sill trims right to the dash. It was actually quite easy and quick to do. If you don't have the sunroof it could be easier to go the headlining route keeping well away from those airbags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chaser, did you find the canbus plug? I have R-Line with PDC sensors and 850 onfotainment and want to fit carnavi kit but cannot find the plug anywhere!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Chaser, I am planning to install the same reversing camera and also cannot locate the Can Plug on the PDC box pictured in the instructions. My 2012 Treg is right hand drive so hoping you can assist.

Cheers

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts