Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
764 Posts
Always remove key after stopping engine as electronics won't shut down until key is removed. You either have a pin hole that will accept a paper clip of pin or there is a button to push to release key. Once key is out reinsert key and turn it counter clockwise 3 times then try to start engine. If nothing happens your battery is completely drained and will have to be charged or replaced. You need a fully charged battery too operate the Touareg. Don't be surprised if some fault codes appear after your up and running again

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Never heard of the counterclockwise action except to activate the alternative start on the V10 with 2 batteries when the trunk (starting) battery is dead.

What do the three turns do?

· Registered
117 Posts
Never heard of the counterclockwise action except to activate the alternative start on the V10 with 2 batteries when the trunk (starting) battery is dead.

I have heard about this, i think its a forced load intervention on the battery basically saving the system picking up on the condition when trying to start normally, wasting valuable cranking power by running consumables. I thought you turned and held the key anti clockwise for "x2" amount of seconds but it has never worked for me. I will have to try this today to see if i can move mine off the road.

· Registered
764 Posts

I remember reading it in a post and thought I'd throw it out in the hopes that it helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.