Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

Could someone help me identify this hose/leak? Its on the front of the car, right by the radiator fan assembly on the driver side.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Synthetic rubber Automotive design

I believe it's this hose (AC hose)
Product Data transfer cable Font Plumbing fixture Cable

But.. does this make sense? Would an AC leak look like this?

I clamped up the power steering cooler lines which are right above this AC hose but those seem pretty dry and don't seem to be leaking.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Definitely not condensation or A/C leak (although the a/c system does have oil in it, but not a lot). Some sort of oil for sure. It has a reddish appearance, but that could be the picture. Spray everything nice and clean with brake cleaner, leave the splash guard off and monitor it between each drive. You should be able to see it start again.

·
Registered
2004 V8
97 Posts
Check for fluorescence of that oil leak. Pag oil would/should have a dye in it. If not, it could be P/S house leaking where it goes into cooler.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, in case anyone finds this thread in the future, I found the source of the leak.

The power steering cooler had a pin hole sized leak right where the hose meets the cooler. This was allowing for a tiny amount of steering fluid to leak out when the car was on. I replaced the power steering cooler and did a flush and all is well now.

Mystery solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts