Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
If you don't have access to your second key, or the valet key, your only option is to break out the driver-side taillight and access a pull-strap that will release the driver-side rear door.

Try calling the dealer, or the 800 VW roadside assistance number (for the US) ... but I believe it'll cost you another taillight assembly.

Good Luck

Scott

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Do you have Onstar? If you do, simply call them and they will unlock it remotely. It is pretty easy. If not call VW roadside and they should be able to tow it to the dealer to unlock it.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Yes. After living in San Francisco I have seen plenty of AWD cars towed on the streets. The tow trucks just jacks up the car and puts a small dolly under each wheel. You would be surprised; they are very good at it.

· Registered
13 Posts
The VW dealer told me you can never lock the key inside the car... :censored: My wife found a way....if you open a lock touareg at the hatch, leave the key inside and close it...IT LOCKS!!!! I Phoned AAA and the guy took 5 sec to open it. :joy: He used something that looked like a wire coat hanger, sliped it under the RFront door window, twist and hit the unlock switch first time.....No Problemo!!

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Wow, I bet those who had to bust out the rear taillight assembly are cringing to hear the AAA man "used something that looked like a wire coat hanger, slipped it under the RFront door window, twist and hit the unlock switch first time.....No Problem!! Go AAA!!!

· Registered
73 Posts
I've used wooden wedges similar to a home made door stop to hold the door edge away from the roof just enough to fish a wire, coat hanger etc. inside to press the unluck buttons or roll down a window if the keys were left in the ignition. It hasn't ever left a bend in the door or even a mark on the paint that cannot be polished off.
I have never used it on a Touareg but we use this method frequently at the fire dept. where I work. We have lock out kits that fish around inside the door but I've always been afraid to wreck wiring inside the door panels.
Because the Las Vegas Summers can be deadly for them, we unlock a lot of kids in baby seats that get locked inside vehicles.
ST

· Registered
5 Posts
OK, some of the comment are true (I think), however are others?
The VW dealer told me you can never lock the key inside the car...
Come on, this sounds like some kind of Sci-Fi stuff.
He used something that looked like a wire coat hanger, sliped it under the RFront door window, twist and hit the unlock switch first time.....No Problemo!!
Where under the RFront (assume Right Front) window? Just a quick desription of the location. Near the door handle, from the center top of window and down. Help me its happened exactly the way you described, however my neighbor drove 40 miles with my spare (Wife and I drank beers waiting, not so bad), have since wiretyed the valet key to the frame.
Do you have Onstar?
Not true correct? No onstar with VW.
your only option is to break out the driver-side taillight and access a pull-strap that will release the driver-side rear door.
Is this fact? I find this one hard to believe? But who knows, If I told you I paid $40.000 for a VW that has its own web site to figure out all the problems with it, would you believe me?
[/quote]

· Registered
1,294 Posts
YES Onstar with VW. It is an option that is definitely available in the VW! I have it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.