Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all of you on here love your Tregs and all the capabilities, performance and technology that come along with them. There's an article on the front page of Globe and Mail's Drive that's giving the Treg a bit of a knock (yet a couple of months ago it was SUV of the year over $50K on the same site, I don't get it...).
When you have a chance and would like to set the record straight in regards to the newer Touaregs and their reliability post your comments on this article:
Upscale Volkswagen SUV fails the test of time - The Globe and Mail

I know my TDI has been bulletproof. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't comment on your market in the US but in Australia brand new v6 tdi 2007 was $90k, 3 yrs on now $60k. As for reliability no problems after 1 yr of ownership. Done brakes myself and about to replace tyres, also purchased 3yr warranty so I'm covered for everything. Driven 7000 k's to Nth QLD and back fully loaded and it was faultless.
Gotta luv the TREG.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Yank report? Many have been used off-road? Dunno about that from what I read here. What was the sample size? I'd agree the 03 - 05 models may have had some issues, but last of the T1's from 06 onward seem a better proposition. TDI not mentioned, so not a true reflection here in Aust as many are TDI's. VAG should trawl through this stuff and respond....they probably don't. Anyway VW sell small and mid sized vehicles....it's what sells and wins awards. We Treg owners are the minority and I really think VW have no voice or even interest where low volumes are concerned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts