Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I get this error message: Stop, Check Collant service manual. This comes up only off and on and not all the time. Anybody knows what it means? Thanks!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Pretty obvious what it means but you haven't said whether you have done any of the basic checks.

Have you checked the level?

Have you checked the concentration.?

I's your temperature gauge normal?

Any signs of overheating?

Any signs of leaks?

Mayonnaise under the oil filler cap?

Water in the oil on the dipstick ?

White smoke from the exhaust?

Have you got access to VCDS to run a fault code scan?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi all
I get this error message: Stop, Check Collant service manual. This comes up only off and on and not all the time. Anybody knows what it means? Thanks!
It means your coolant level is low. Fill it up with a 50/50 mixture of VW coolant (G12) and DISTILLED (not tap) water. Probably take 16-32oz total (2 to 4 cups). Don't use any other coolant. You can buy it at the dealer - premixed or straight coolant you mix. DO NOT put any other brand coolant in there.

bc

·
Registered
734 Posts
It means your coolant level is low. Fill it up with a 50/50 mixture of VW coolant (G12) and DISTILLED (not tap) water. Probably take 16-32oz total (2 to 4 cups). Don't use any other coolant. You can buy it at the dealer - premixed or straight coolant you mix. DO NOT put any other brand coolant in there.

bc
Or it could be a coolant level sensor. Been there, done that on several VAG products.

Popping the hood and checking the level visually would be a start. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
If the level is low top it off for now as described above but this is a closed system and the level should not change so if it is low you have a coolant loss somewhere and that warrants further investigation.

·
Registered
734 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts