Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the suspension on my 2008 V8FSI steel suspension, I am currently running OEM Struts on H&R lower springs, and looking to move onto something more permanent I have a few options in mind. My primary uses will be road driving, with the occasionally light trailing and rock crawling. I want something that feels planted on the road, but still provides ground clearance. My options are KW3 Variant, Bilstein with OEM Springs, Seikel Strut/Spring Kit. I am open to other options, there are just what I came up with.

The thing I don't like about the KW3 is the rebound adjustment is on top of the struct, and the Touareg design will not allow for easy adjustment, require removing the struct in order to make adjustments. I am not sure how Bilstein+OEM Springs, and I am afraid I will be dissatisfied with the ride quality. Seikel Kit is very difficult to find in the states. I would like to hear from peoples opinion and experience with any of these setups. I am currently at 105k miles, I want to replace the suspension and not have to worry about it for a really long time.

PS: I also plan on swapping to Cayenne GTS sway bars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm currently running h&r and bilstein sport shocks on my 2004 v8 treg and let me tell ya it made a huge difference in performance. I personally don't think the ride quality is too harsh with the h&r and bilstein setup. As for performance with a good set of tires and how the suspension is set up this thing handles like a oversized go kart. For reference taking a tight highway exit ramp at 65-70 mph with the h&r and bilsteins its no problem for it. It will be even better when u upgrade to the gts sway bars (let me know how those feel and your opinions on them)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Note that if u want to get the most performance in handling out of this thing im running some aggressive camber about a degree and a half which eats through tires

·
Registered
58 Posts
The bilstein and h&r setup is amazing u can take tight exit ramps at 65-70mph I've personally done it. It will handle even better with those gts sway bars

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently running h&r and bilstein sport shocks on my 2004 v8 treg and let me tell ya it made a huge difference in performance. I personally don't think the ride quality is too harsh with the h&r and bilstein setup. As for performance with a good set of tires and how the suspension is set up this thing handles like a oversized go kart. For reference taking a tight highway exit ramp at 65-70 mph with the h&r and bilsteins its no problem for it. It will be even better when u upgrade to the gts sway bars (let me know how those feel and your opinions on them)
What made you choose the Bilstein Sport Shocks versus the HD Shocks?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe the bilstein sport shocks are stiffer and more of a performance shock and they are designed to go hand in hand with the h&r lowering springs.
The only difference between the Bilstein HD and Sports is a smaller internal bump stop which helps with lowering springs and bottoming out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts