Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the Touareg forum so sorry for being a noob. This may have been asked before so I will apologize ahead of time. I just bought a 2005 VW Treg, V6 3.2 US. I was performing some minor maintenance and an oil change when I took off the bottom engine covers, I found this hose laying in the bottom of the cover. I am attaching the picture of it with measurements, I can't figure out where this goes. It is made of rubber and the exterior is cloth braid. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I looked all over the top of the engine and cannot find anything disconnected. If I were looking for vacuum hose on a touareg where would I be checking?

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
It is possible that it is not from your engine.

Most of the factory vac lines (1) have many pre formed bends in them and (2) are usually very well clipped and clamped in place. That looks like an aftermarket piece of straight hose. Just a possibility.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm beginning to believe it may not be a part of this car. All the lines, like you said, are well clipped and pre-formed. I don't see any hoses on anything that resemble this type of hose. I appreciate the responses. If anyone does recognize it, please let me know it drives me crazy to think it should be on the car somewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are miles of the hard plastic vacuum lines on the motor. Several of mine were starting to crack and split causing small vacuum leaks. I have seen shops use, what you have pictured to splice together broken plastic lines. I replaced all of mine when I swapped motors. It was about a grand, just in vacuum lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts