Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 V10 TDI T1 / 08 RS4 / 04 A4 Ultrasport / Wifeys 16 S3
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today in the process of pulling my motor I found in missing a bolt and another bolt was cross threaded into not sure what it's called but a threaded bung that site recessed in the top hat of the strut to body.

I can not for the life of me find the hardware. I have checked everywhere even vw parts nothing.

Does anyone know where I can find this or is there another option like a lift or something that will replace this anyways.

Pics of hardware and location
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Gas
Grey Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part
Automotive tire Gesture Wood Finger Automotive wheel system
Hand Automotive tire Wood Grey Finger
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
915 Posts
What are you actually looking for? The nut which is fixed to the metalwork? It is a riveted in fastner like a Nutsert which is a trade name or just a riveted in nut.

·
Registered
07 V10 TDI T1 / 08 RS4 / 04 A4 Ultrasport / Wifeys 16 S3
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not riveted, it has splines but is the clamping pressure that holds it in place. Got my motor out today and found that the ones on the other side are also stripped out.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's not riveted, it has splines but is the clamping pressure that holds it in place. Got my motor out today and found that the ones on the other side are also stripped out.
Rivet nuts have splines that's what holds them in place.
Thanks for your help no problem you're welcome. Have you looked through the exploded parts diagrams?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts