Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Im fairly new to the forums, I have a little posts here and there, love to read all the helpful info. Anyway, I am going to be getting a car in July, (lease is up) I want the touareg so bad!, I looked today, and I would love a 2008 V6 for 30K ish. I went to the dealer here today and they had a Black 2008 V6 that was a CPO Touareg. It had 5500 miles on it. It was fairly equipped, wood, and the gorilla carpets and more. They had it at 36k. Can I get them down? What is the average price for this car? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That seems a little high. What part of the country are you in? Check your local newspaper and CarMax.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am new to the forum and I am picking up my wife's Touareg on Monday and I am getting her a brand new 2009 for less then what you are quoting in your first post so I would say you should definately be able to get them down on that car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Im in Gainesville Fl. There not selling here, there is only about 3 in town sold by the dealer here. I would like to get them to 25K. Any chance that might happen? Also, would it be better to get a 2009 with 0% rather than a 2008 CPO with about 3%?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Touareg08;149224Also said:
Why ask us? Neither is "better" unless you have unlimited resources, then 0% is always better, however the new car will cost more than the cpo car, most likely by more than the amount saved getting 0%.

You need to do your math and decided if the total pay out vs the monthly payment are what your finances allow. The other thing to consider in the overall cost/life of warranty is cpo cars mileage and how long until you are not covered. The cpo is not as long as the "real driver" warranties offered on this forum by Chris from PA but the costs vary by mileage on car.

The apr is not "about", it is 2.99 for 36 months, 3.99/48 and 4.99/60. The above end totals are dramatically affected by these various terms as your purchase price goes up, as is the payment amount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, Im in Gainesville Fl. There not selling here, there is only about 3 in town sold by the dealer here. I would like to get them to 25K. Any chance that might happen? Also, would it be better to get a 2009 with 0% rather than a 2008 CPO with about 3%?
I don't think there is any chance you could get them down to $25k and I agree with what jwest said in regards to your second question.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ebay is your friend! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I know! I was following a 2008 v6 for 23K No bids and it was listed 3 times. Finally sold. I need to just keep searching.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts