Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m purchasing a 2014 Touareg X v6/turbo diesel today. When I test drove this vehicle, it never felt so right! I’ve never owned a vw or a diesel, is there anything I should be aware of or expect for down the road?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
You have lots of reading to do. Familiarize yourself with the extended emissions warranty as a start, then read and absorb stuff on here.....

I'm also not sure what the "X" is for, as I've never heard of a Touareg "X" .... it could be Lux maybe?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Well color me surprised...... I just learned something!
Awesome!
I'm super jelly of your rims.... just so you know.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Make sure you share pics when you get it.... I want to see the black headliner too.... sounds classy and having a "limited edition" egg is kinda neat too.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
798 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forums and Treg family. Congrats on your purchase. Definitely search the forums for threads on common problems/maintenance schedules and tips for your Treg. Lots of info and knowledgeable/helpful people here.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
The pictures in the article show it's an r line?
Negative... you can't read son ( ;) )..... they clearly state that it only comes in blue, and that it's based off a LUX.
You're looking at the silver R shown below instead of the pic attached to the article.
If you search and look at videos of it, you can see it's a LUX with the listed changes\badges\special touches.

·
Registered
2013 T3 Sport V6
50 Posts
Congrats, quite the find!
Welcome to the club. Try the hot pockets, they are breathtaking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Embarrassingly enough, mine is not the special edition like I thought, but I’m also not disappointed. It would be cool if someone in this club had one and shared though!
-rookie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I test drove it the first time I thought it was blue, and it was advertised as the special edition x. After seeing the photos more and going for another test drive I realized it was just the sport utility! Silly me. Drives very well though, happy with my purchase

·
Registered
532 Posts
Unfortunately there is alot of... misinformation about Touaregs, especially with sales staff. Iirc the Special Edition also had badging. As long as you like it, that's all that really matters.
When I test drove it the first time I thought it was blue, and it was advertised as the special edition x. After seeing the photos more and going for another test drive I realized it was just the sport utility! Silly me. Drives very well though, happy with my purchase

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
this is why we all love sales people. ...... Paint a picture then slide you something else :rolleyes:

Reactions: mnmboy90

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
The worst part of all this is ...... you need a new username now

·
Registered
2013 T3 Sport V6
50 Posts
Hahahahahahaha!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts