Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Post, got my 2012 Touareg TDI Lux this past March, 59000 miles, love it. BUT can someone out there tell me how to get the maps updated in my Nav system , just got back from 2000 mile trip into New England and there are a lot of missing roads.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome to ClubTouareg!

You need to go to the dealer to have them updated. Expect to pay somewhere around $500 for the update.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Or just use the SATNAV on your mobile phone!

I have never understood people paying silly money for in-car SATNAV that is already out of date when the car is new, even more out of date three years later when the car gets traded on, and then costs it's new owner a bloody fortune to update it with mapping data that is probably already 6 months or more out of date when it is installed!

Crackers!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you were traveling in New England then the roads were likely not missing, just changed. We like to change stuff up here and then change it back next year to mess with the flat landers. So just like the weather up here; If you don't like it, just wait a few minutes and it will change. ;)

-Kevin

·
Registered
338 Posts
Either use a phone or buy a standalone Garmin with lifetime map updates. I pretty much always use my iPhone with either Google Maps or Waze to navigate. I used the on-screen for a bit when it was new, but no way would I pay $500 to upgrade it only to have it be out of date almost immediately.

·
Registered
734 Posts
First Post, got my 2012 Touareg TDI Lux this past March, 59000 miles, love it. BUT can someone out there tell me how to get the maps updated in my Nav system , just got back from 2000 mile trip into New England and there are a lot of missing roads.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts