Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a black 2008 Touareg with 74K miles. It is equipped with the 3.6L VR6, conventional suspension, and 19" alloys. I had been eyeing Touaregs and Cayenne for quite some time before buying this one.

I will post pictures when I'm at my PC. Overall, I am very happy with it. It took a while, but I found the exact combination I wanted, with the VR6 and without the air suspension.

My first of what I anticipate will be many questions has to do with the exhaust tips. Currently, I have the stock exhaust with the plain unpolished round tips. I would like the bolt-on polished oval tips that were available on the V8 and maybe TDI models.

Would someone please let me know the VW part number for the tips or a good source? The only tips I can find, which look like they will work, are listed as fitting 2004 - 2007 models. Will they fit 2008s too?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to ClubTouareg.

Were you afraid of the horror stories related to the air suspension? :)
Yes, yes I was. Although they are great when they work, I didn't want to risk having one go out on me on a pre-owned car. I have a three year extended service contract with the Treg, but it doesn't cover normal wear and tear items, like the air suspension.

Stand back - I am going to attempt uploading a couple of pics. Once I figure out the website a bit, I will add a gallery. I hope this works.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
Ride looks good! I prefer air to regular suspension and mine has been great. The redid the top of the front struts in the T2 over what the T1 had. I don't recall anyone having the same issues with these compared to the earlier ones.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Yeti! My wife and I are really happy with it. Technically, it's mine, but somehow she has managed to drive it more than I have, leaving me with her New Beetle Turbo. :confused:

Now, If I can get some nice bolt-on exhaust tips, I'd be all set for now. I want to use something that has been installed on a Treg before, to help ensure I won't have any fitment issues.

Any suggestions on exhaust tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
No, I am content with the stock since to me the remind me of the old 5.0 mustangs with a straight pipe. I am not really into the chrome bling. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
Congrats. Will you be towing a Uhual trailer again?
No, wasn't a Uhaul last time. I bought the trailer I towed then. I did a POD this time around so I can drive there in two days as I have before.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
love the rims on your new greg!!

now you have to
1) name your Treg
2) find the thread that is titled "post a picture of your greg in its natural setting" and do so
3) enjoy
Thanks! I love the rims too! They are definitely keepers for me! I haven't thought about naming it. I will have to give that one some thought.

Right now, all I can think of is that I'm off work in 30 minutes, it's sunny outside (rare here), and my Touareg is in the parking lot waiting patiently for me. It's a great day!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My first of what I anticipate will be many questions has to do with the exhaust tips. Currently, I have the stock exhaust with the plain unpolished round tips. I would like the bolt-on polished oval tips that were available on the V8 and maybe TDI models.

Would someone please let me know the VW part number for the tips or a good source? The only tips I can find, which look like they will work, are listed as fitting 2004 - 2007 models. Will they fit 2008s too?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Now, If I can get some nice bolt-on exhaust tips, I'd be all set for now. I want to use something that has been installed on a Treg before, to help ensure I won't have any fitment issues.

Any suggestions on exhaust tips would be greatly appreciated.
Hallo,

try to source these oval tips 7L6 253 681 L (left) and 7L6 253 682 G (right) or L6 253 681 A & L6 253 682 A. I have no idea what is the difference between these two pairs. They both should be matching all T1, T2 models. I have oval tips fitted to my 2008 R5 TDI too, but don't know which ones. See photo http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f88/another-new-joiner-79903.html (post#10).

The only tips I can find, which look like they will work, are listed as fitting 2004 - 2007 models. Will they fit 2008s too?
I guess you mentioned these tips ZVW-806-003 http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f90/end-of-summer-sale-43012.html
Most probably they won't fit 2008 year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tips on your Touareg are exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for providing the part numbers. That is really helpful.

The earlier picture I posted is for tips that I now know only work on 2004 - 2007 Touaregs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts