Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am in the middle of purchasing a 2009 R50 147K miles. New trans and turbos installed at 107k by original owner. I am American stationed in Germany. So far the little I've been able to test drive the car and poke around I've enjoyed it. I am looking forward to all the information on the site. Lots to learn! Thanks to all who've contributed and helped pass on knowledge.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Join the UK site

www.mytreg.com

and make sure you read the "buying a used Touareg" thread that will be in the welcome post to get up to full speed on your Generation 1 car before you complete the purchase.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome!! I was stationed in Germany a couple times with the USAF. Did you buy an American spec or German spec VW?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a German spec. I’m here for another 2.5 years so hoping to get some good use out of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have fun on that Autobahn! Which is kinda like saying have fun on those interstate freeways here in the states. Sounds a little silly, but there's no speed limits as long as you avoid the trucks passing each other at +1kmh on long uphills. Gotta love the winefests and Octoberfest.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hello everyone. I am in the middle of purchasing a 2009 R50 147K miles. New trans and turbos installed at 107k by original owner. I am American stationed in Germany. So far the little I've been able to test drive the car and poke around I've enjoyed it. I am looking forward to all the information on the site. Lots to learn! Thanks to all who've contributed and helped pass on knowledge.
Well done getting an R50, they don't feature often here but there are some here with V10 Touaregs and all very helpful. Lots of reading on here.

I recently got my 2009 R50 with 102 kms on it. Reasonably well kept but needs a tandem pump leak repaired and thermostat replacement. That's coming up soon.

Send pics.

IMG_0011.jpg

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts