Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the happy owner of a brand new 2016 Touareg TDI (had it for about a year, now 9 000 Miles), and I enjoy every second I drive it, my only issue is the lack of knowledge from the techs at the dealership, I feel like I've got a unicorn and they're experimenting on it.
I've tried 2 of the 3 VW dealers in my area, and I've gotten something screed up every single time, minor stuff all due to lack of vehicle knowledge, any advice is appreciated.
What a ride, incredible mileage, range, and torque, quiet cabin, so far no regrets.

·
Registered
80 Posts
From Wisconsin as well, Milwaukee area. I feel the same way about the local dealers.
I was going to try Boucher in Franklin for a transmission flush. They quoted much less than the others and seemed to understand the process.
I try to stay away from dealers as much as possible for any vehicle, but some things are beyond my knowledge and limited to what tools I have and you just have to give in.

Mine was a Wisconsin vehicle, but lived every winter in Florida. So it never saw winter until I purchased it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From Wisconsin as well, Milwaukee area. I feel the same way about the local dealers.
I was going to try Boucher in Franklin for a transmission flush. They quoted much less than the others and seemed to understand the process.
I try to stay away from dealers as much as possible for any vehicle, but some things are beyond my knowledge and limited to what tools I have and you just have to give in.

Mine was a Wisconsin vehicle, but lived every winter in Florida. So it never saw winter until I purchased it.
Avoid VW Umansky like the plague, I now use VW in Men. Falls, they are good and cheap but no Touareg trained techs so 0 knowledge.
I think there is a Touareg tech at Halls VW in Brookfield, that's about an hour away, that would be my destination for anything serious or electronics related

·
Registered
80 Posts
Avoid VW Umansky like the plague, I now use VW in Men. Falls, they are good and cheap but no Touareg trained techs so 0 knowledge.
I think there is a Touareg tech at Halls VW in Brookfield, that's about an hour away, that would be my destination for anything serious or electronics related
I am very familiar with International VW in the Falls since in live about 10 miles from there. They just built a brand new VW and GMC dealer across the street from their orig building.
They quoted almost $600 for the trans flush, but didn't seem to have much knowledge of the Touareg.
Hall in Brookfield sells a lot of used Touaregs and always have several in stock according to their website.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sometimes the Google reviews of the dealerships can be a pretty good indication of overall customer satisfaction. There's definitely some good and bad VW dealers. I picked the one with the higest rating and have been very pleased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts