Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Dave. I have a '12 TDI. This is my first diesel so far I'm loving the torque and the mileage. I swear it is better than my 1.8t was in my 337. I'm a little nervous about learning how to work on a diesel, but I have lots of friends who are diesel mechanics, so I'm not too worried.

Previous dubs:
87 Gli Jetta
337 GTI

Current dubs:
12 Touareg
08 Passat
MK2 16v Gti

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome! Love the Mk2 16v...good engine...love the exhaust note on that...nothing like it. I had one in an 88' GLI, put many, many miles on that (you know how the odometers where on that generation)...sold it for a 2006 GLI, good car but poor choice to part with the Mk2 still miss it.

Anyways welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought the car with a bad transmission, but it ran. Got a new tranny in it, and then I lost power. Still trying to trouble shoot. Really want to get it going. Will allow me to keep the miles down on the Treg, while having a little fun.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yeah, mine had everything replaced at one point or another. The only things it took me forever to figure out on mine was 1) a hairline crack in the knock sensor that kept putting it in limp mode then killing it at random (later found to be water related) and 2) a distributor that had slipped a cog and timing was off enough it wouldn't start, but there was still a strong spark. Fun times, I learned all I know about working on cars from it. But it never died. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts