Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

My name is Will. I’m a diesel tech by trade, though I run a car restoration shop at the moment (long story, my wife and I are from 250 miles apart, I left my job teaching in the Penn State system so I could be home during the week since we live where she’s from now...).

I have an 08 V10 car (deleted and Malone tuned), my wife drives an 18 Tiguan SE 2.0T and I also have an 05 BRM tdi Jetta. They’re all gray...

I do some farming as well, happy to talk equipment, things that go bang and dispense lead, amateur radio etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Will, I wanted one of those V10s bad. I bet it’s a monster. Chickened out in the end, but had I been a diesel mechanic? What suspension?

I also farmed full time until a few years ago, got hurt/wore out, commodities analyst now. Had a fleet of 7.3 liters, every iteration, but drove 06 BRM whenever possible. My wife drives it now to work and back. Fuels it several times a year.....lol. No fussy exhaust, manual tran, so it runs fine.

In the market for a Touareg, looking at ‘12-16 - more towards the ‘16 end of things. Mostly for transportation but also for a ‘62 Airstream 28’. Just have to be sure it’s a machine I want to run for a while, at $20-25k. Leary of expensive exhausts and long idle storage times after buyback. Lots to choose from though. 2012s seem to be a great value.

I need to get my general lic. Still a tech after all these years. Sold the Icom 710 i opened up for SSB offshore, have a little baofeng handheld now.

Hope all goes well with your endeavors away from the college. I left Pittsburg 5 am Friday, was up There for ag related meeting. Sounds like you have plenty of interests, definitely approve! I reloaded since I was a kid and more recently had a very high end shot shell reloader. Worked beautifully. Spolar I think. I need to go empty a bunch of those shells at the club.

Just saw your post, jumped on to research Tregs, felt like responding. Back to scheduled program-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts