Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks!

New to the site and wanted to say hello! Just picked up my first Touareg and she's a lot of fun! 2004 V8 fully loaded with things I didn't even know came on a VW. Not my first rodeo though on the VW scene, we're big fans. My "summer" rig is a 2001 VW GTI GLX VR6...she's low but definitely not slow.

See ya around!
Candice

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Howdy folks!

New to the site and wanted to say hello! Just picked up my first Touareg and she's a lot of fun! 2004 V8 fully loaded with things I didn't even know came on a VW. Not my first rodeo though on the VW scene, we're big fans. My "summer" rig is a 2001 VW GTI GLX VR6...she's low but definitely not slow.

See ya around!
Candice
Key thing for your early V8 is knowing with 1,000% certainty when your timing belt, tensioner, thermostat and water pump were changed. They MUST be done every 80,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

If the belt breaks the engine is toast.

So, unless you know about the belt you are possibly running on borrowed time.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm married to a mechanic so we specifically bought this rig because one of the timing chains had snapped. Already replaced along with tensioners, water pump and the rest of the essentials. We like finding the ones that no one else knows how to fix. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts