2 years
22 kkm

Hwy mpg: 21 (11 l/100) :eek:
City mpg: 11 (22 l/100) :mad:

Hello everybody.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
That's terrible city mileage...I do significantly better than that with my V8.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, Bucharest is a special place in terms of traffic, all cars are consuming here far more than declared official consumption...

·
Registered
4 Posts
And not only Bucharest, all country can be considered like this. VW said that average consumption of my T-reg is 7.3ltrs/100km, but the lowest which I got it is 8.4. My computer is showing 9.5, about half in the city and half outside.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Possible fuel quality issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not think either diesel quality. The problem is the infrastructure of roads, car number is too large, the system is one that was 30-40 years ago and the highway number is somewhere around 400 kilometers in the country. Whether big cities, be they small, not face, traffic lights are badly adjusted involving many stops-starts. Outside, the roads are, most of them, with one lane in each direction, and Romania is a country of extremes, where you see next Bugatti or other luxury supercar, some old and obsolete, such as those produced by a local company Dacia, which hardly reach 90km / h or even horse-drawn carts, so you need to do more overtaking sometimes involving sudden acceleration. And as a consumer to get close to that of the manufacturer, the engine must operate at a constant rate, so here's how we get us these lows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts