Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My home is on the Iowa/Illinois line in the Quad Cities. I have two Tuaregs, a 2005 (3.2) and a 2013 (3.6). The 2013 is trouble free and a joy to drive. The 2005 not so much. Thanks for letting me join!

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,034 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm keeping the 3.2 as I view it as a personal challenge to make it right. The original engine shelled and I replaced it with a 3.2 with 70k miles. While doing this the interior pans flooded. Once dried, motor started but the dash lit up with every trouble light. Removed seats, cleaned terminals, redid grounds, reset all the fusses/relays and the lights went away. Now I have a battery drain that I am in the process of finding and fixing. The site has been very helpful.....so thanks!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Hi 4Grit welcome to Club Touareg. I was just at the Iowa Illinois border a couple nights ago on my eastward Summer Adventure.
Nice to see you are working to save a T1 - wish you well with that & recommend you use the Advanced Search to pinpoint issues/fixes when possible AND post issues and your fixes to help others too.
On your Profile - add Signature that shows your Touaregs years models etc. makes it easier to know what Touaregs you have instead of having to type it in with every post you write.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts