Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone I have been a long time watcher for quite a while on this site when i needed questions answered for our Touareg, thanks to the search and finding what I needed I never had to join until now since it is time to possibly mod the vehicle.

Back story:

I purchased a 2008 Touareg 2 3.6L V6 for my wife and kids back in 2011 with 57k on the clock. It now has 130k on the odometer and I just bought the wife a 2013 Audi Q7 to replace it.

So now that it is no longer hers it is now our company tow vehicle and work truck to replace our Suburban. Good riddance. This Touareg has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned, not even 1 check engine light over the years, only brakes and oil changes and other normal maintenance.

So now I got this stock vehicle which none of my other cars are I wanted to get more involved with the Touareg community to see about mods we may want to do on it. I am looking more into the off road route with it.

Thanks and greetings everyone. I will try to get a pic up soon.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Welcome to the Club. 2008 is an excellent year to own. I'm looking forward to hearing about the mods you have planned. Post some pics too!

Reactions: jaybquick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW, ur bad. But at least with modding car or truck addictions I noticed it is not as bad on your complexion, teeth, hair and overall life span like other drug addictions. With that being said it can easily be more costly.

You have the same wheels and color as mine. When I bought mine it was the ONLY V6 with 19" wheels, tow package and NAV in California, I had to have it so bad I jumped on a Plane to Los Angeles and bought it. Only the V8s had those options from what I was finding but I needed something I would not have the overwhelming urge to mod like my other cars to keep the wife and kids happy. HAHA. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the Club. 2008 is an excellent year to own. I'm looking forward to hearing about the mods you have planned. Post some pics too!
Thanks Perry. Just in the contemplation phase at this point. I really want to make this thing an offroad Dune pig on the side. I used to go to Pismo Beach (3 hour drive) here in CA about 12 years ago with a lifted suburban I had before the wife and I popped out some kids. So now I want to make it a good work vehicle, tow rig and toy the family and I can take down to the dunes for some fun from time to time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow with wife wheel curb checks and all.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thanks Perry. Just in the contemplation phase at this point. I really want to make this thing an offroad Dune pig on the side. I used to go to Pismo Beach (3 hour drive) here in CA about 12 years ago with a lifted suburban I had before the wife and I popped out some kids.
While in college in Santa Barbara 25 years ago, we used to go to Pismo Beach to ride quad racers on the dunes. Lots of fun and great memories..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome jaybquick! Looks like you and I have the same beast. 2008, T2 Reflex Silver, 19" Terra wheels, and Navigation. Grifnsqest is also with us but with the V8 & has the cool suspension. Looking forward to see mod options mention here and see your Touareg Dune Style.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks identical to mine. Except mine is severely unbalanced. I only got one JHM sticker, on the driver's side, in the exact same place... :(

I think its causing uneven tire wear. I'll have to place an order soon so I can get a sticker on the passenger side too.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you hadn't mentioned offroading, I would suggest upgrading the sway bars to Cayenne yellow or green dot. Best mod I've done so far. If you will be doing any offroading, though, you might not want to stiffen the bars...

Other than that, a Cayenne GTS sport interior would be nice. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts