Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
I've lurked around the forum a number of times and decided it was time to join. Club Touareg is a great resource and I have learnt a lot. Thanks!
My Touareg is 2008 V10 TDI which I have owned for 2 years.
I remember the exhilaration of my 1st drive and the power of the V10 still makes me grin manically.
I have had a couple of major issues since taking ownership , replacing turbos and fuel pump left me with a huge hole in my pocket. I have also required topping up the diesel particulate fluid.
Finding a good mechanic has seen the last 18 months of trouble free motoring and I am enjoying my drive more than any other vehicle I have owned.
Happy and safe motoring to all.

Greg

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
On the V10 I think the fluid is PAT fluid or Eolys fluid.

At least one person has put ad-blu in that tank by mistake!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sailboart29,
1st I noticed small drops of oil under the vehicle. Over a time period of 4-6 weeks these drops became gradually bigger. 1 turbo was leaking oil profusely the other was minor. I choose to replace both whilst the engine was out. Same with the fuel pump, was only a minor seep but took the option to be proactive and replace.
There was no clouds of smoke. I got to the repairs in time before failure.

Regards

Greg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.