Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

First off, I'd like to thank the many posters of this forum. It's been a very valuable source of information on a variety of Touareg-related topics (as would be expected)!

Bit of history on my first Touareg:

I recently (end of November 2015) picked up a 2008 Touareg V8 with 158xxx KM and drove it back from Saskatchewan to my home in Ontario. So far, I'm loving it! I've done a bit of work on it so far (transmission fluid change, oil change, just yesterday finished cleaning the carbon from the intake ports).

I figured I could contribute a some information on some of the technical information, since I do all of my own maintenance (save for a replacement caliper and the first round of drivetrain fluid changes which were performed during the mandatory Ontario safety inspection). More on that later.

And some history on my mechanical/servicing background:

The Touareg is my 4th vehicle - I own a 2001 Golf TDI, 2004 Chevrolet Suburban, and a 1986 Nissan 300ZX (still very much a WIP). I do all of my own maintenance (everything from fluid changes up to timing belts & head reassemblies on my 300ZX). Since purchasing the 'treg I'm trying to "liquidate" a couple of my vehicles.

Anyways, enough about me. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get to know some of the other members here over time!

Chris

·
Registered
207 Posts
Firstly, post some pics...Secondly, wow, quite a drive! Where do you live in Ontario, the GTA? The furthest I drove my V8 was 3 hours...loved every moment of it...great pull on the highway...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some pictures attached. The picture on the dirt is the other set of rims that came with it.

Overall it's in pretty good shape. Interior is a 8.5/10 (minor scratching on the wood, some rippling in the seats). Exterior is probably 7.5/10, has some paint bubbling around the gas filler cap and a chip on the drivers side rear. The OEM rims on it right now (equipped with winter tires) are kinda beat up. None seem to be bent, but have a fair bit of curb rash. The other 20" rims are only a few years old so they're in really nice shape.

The drive wasn't too bad, I actually live in Thunder Bay so it was around 13-14 hours. Made it to Brandon MB the first night and drove the last ~9-10 hours the following day. Averaged around 19 MPG (Imperial gallons), so not too bad. Really comfortable ride though, nice and quiet, great for cruising at 110-120km/h through SK/MB.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a local shop (Mileage auto here in Thunder Bay), run by Leon who used to work for Downtown VW here in Thunder Bay. He's pretty good with VW/Audi vehicles. My intent is to do most if not all maintenance myself (I have quite the collection of tools and experience now from my Golf TDI and various other projects), but otherwise I would take it to him.

So far there isn't anything out of my league that I've run into, hopefully I don't have to get into any major maintenance any time soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts