Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 17' Wolfsburg for an 18' Atlas. I've had this Match Sound Processor and subwoofer for about 6 months. Everything works great. All wiring / harness included. Payed over $1000. Selling everything for $500.

Pat
513-4tow9-six878

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
What harness part number is this? Does the sub need power from the battery? Have you uploaded a profile on the dsp from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What harness part number is this? Does the sub need power from the battery? Have you uploaded a profile on the dsp from the manufacturer.
The amp and sub are sold:

I still want to answer your question, though, in case you end up going with a similar setup..... Which I strongly suggest doing. It turns the very poor audio system into something much more premium. It makes it sound how a $50K SUV should sound.

So. Everything pictured is completely plug and play. You don't need the sub to get great sound, but adding it really takes it up a notch. If you get one of the 7" sub boxes (PP 7E-D or PP 7S-D) then you don't need to run power to them. The power supplied by the amp is enough to make the sub function as it should. I think you may need to run power if you go with any of the larger options.

Harness: HELIX PP-AC92C
Crutchfield Link (on sale for $30 instead of $60) https://www.crutchfield.com/p_975PPAC92C/HELIX-PP-AC92C.html?tp=49909&awcp=1t1&awcr=196704879497&awdv=c&awkw=pp+ac92c&awmt=p&awnw=g&awug=9015623

I did download and install the Touareg profile. One thing to note, and this may have just been with my amp, I had to leave the micro sd with the profile in the amp. Otherwise, it would reset. So you may have to do the same thing. Once I decided to leave it in, I never had a problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The amp and sub are sold:

I still want to answer your question, though, in case you end up going with a similar setup..... Which I strongly suggest doing. It turns the very poor audio system into something much more premium. It makes it sound how a $50K SUV should sound.

So. Everything pictured is completely plug and play. You don't need the sub to get great sound, but adding it really takes it up a notch. If you get one of the 7" sub boxes (PP 7E-D or PP 7S-D) then you don't need to run power to them. The power supplied by the amp is enough to make the sub function as it should. I think you may need to run power if you go with any of the larger options.

Harness: HELIX PP-AC92C
Crutchfield Link (on sale for $30 instead of $60) https://www.crutchfield.com/p_975PPAC92C/HELIX-PP-AC92C.html?tp=49909&awcp=1t1&awcr=196704879497&awdv=c&awkw=pp+ac92c&awmt=p&awnw=g&awug=9015623

I did download and install the Touareg profile. One thing to note, and this may have just been with my amp, I had to leave the micro sd with the profile in the amp. Otherwise, it would reset. So you may have to do the same thing. Once I decided to leave it in, I never had a problem.
Thanks! Appreciate the info despite items being sold. Did you by chance try the VAG update also with the DSP?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a touareg sport trim and the stock sound sucks, but i wanna fix it just with the stock speakers and stock amp just add a subwoofer. How would i do that, when this truck is kinda tricky to do that since its optical

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Juha
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing