Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, I’ve got a 2004 5.0 v10 Treg which has basically the full house of options.
There’s a button on the right hand side of the wheel for the heated steering wheel, but it doesn’t work.
Is this a matter of getting it switched on in VAG-COM as it has the button or do they all have the button?

Tia

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Good evening all, I’ve got a 2004 5.0 v10 Treg which has basically the full house of options.
There’s a button on the right hand side of the wheel for the heated steering wheel, but it doesn’t work.
Is this a matter of getting it switched on in VAG-COM as it has the button or do they all have the button?

Tia
A VAG COM scan will tell you if the steering wheel heating is installed (and it should be able to test it to see if it works).

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
All of the T1 had the button for the heated steering wheel.

Very few had the heated option, but the button was still there.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you don't have rear heated seats, I don't think you will have the heated steering wheel. That said, it's a worthy upgrade. I caught myself actually cackling out loud to myself driving to work the other day- seat heat set to a nice searing #4, warm air coming from everywhere, V8 burbling away, 11 speakers of Willie Nelson and my hands wrapped at 3 and 9 getting toasted by the wheel. I have VCDS coming next week and the first thing I'm doing is to crank up the wheel heat a bit if I can 🙂

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
If you don't have rear heated seats, I don't think you will have the heated steering wheel. That said, it's a worthy upgrade. I caught myself actually cackling out loud to myself driving to work the other day- seat heat set to a nice searing #4, warm air coming from everywhere, V8 burbling away, 11 speakers of Willie Nelson and my hands wrapped at 3 and 9 getting toasted by the wheel. I have VCDS coming next week and the first thing I'm doing is to crank up the wheel heat a bit if I can 🙂
Rear heated seats has nothing to do with having a heated wheel. My '04 I had did have a heated wheel and I did not have heated rear seats. Just seemed to be a hit or miss feature on T1's. With the OP having a V10, that is odd he doesn't have the heated wheel since those tended to come pretty much loaded.

·
Registered
490 Posts
your V10 should have the heated steering wheel. The right button enables the heating, the left button turns on/off the wheel control illumination.

You need to scan 16- steering wheel. I'm betting the element is burned out.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Most of the T1 had the cold weather package which means you got the heated steering wheel, the rear heated seats, and the ski pass thru in the rear seat as a single package. There were a few exceptions.

T1 applies to the 2004-2007, until we got the facelift with the chrome front bumpers.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I have rear heated seats, 4 zone climate control and most available options on my 2008 T2 but no heated steering wheel. I’m shopping around for one now.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Most of the T1 had the cold weather package which means you got the heated steering wheel, the rear heated seats, and the ski pass thru in the rear seat as a single package. There were a few exceptions.

T1 applies to the 2004-2007, until we got the facelift with the chrome front bumpers.
I would not say most got this package. I have seen a lot that did not have it, but yet had a heated wheel. I don't feel it was that common of a package honestly except for V-10's.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hey Yeti, I’m shipping my Touareg to Utah in a few weeks. Are you still in SLC?

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
My 04 V10 and 04 V6 did not have heated steering wheel
My 07 V8, 09 TDI and 13TDI Had heated steering wheel

I'd be thrilled to give you the logic behind what would/would not come with heated wheel, but it seems more of a random "what did the order sheet include as base equipment that year".

I'd have to say heated steering wheel is my favourite option, though I just picked up an E class and it also has heated armrests...very nice on cold days!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I am, need me to drive it for you?
I’m picking it up in Oakland (voyage from Hawaii) and driving it to Eden where we have a vacation home. The first thing I’m going to do is swap out the summer tires for dedicated winter tires then install a heated steering wheel. I hate having to put driving gloves on.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
About the only thing we can agree on is...

Everybody who doesn't have the heated steering wheel wants it. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts