Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, my 2008 steering wheel has the button on it for the heated steering wheel option. Does VW or anyone offer an option to add this feature to the car? It sure would be a nice option to have in our colder months.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
At least you have the button....

AFAIK, according to other forum posts, you need the actual heated wheel AND a new steering wheel module (behind airbag). Might be some other parts I'm forgetting, too.

It's a pricey upgrade if not there from the factory. :- (

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It cost me about $380 to upgrade to new heated wheel in May 2008. Best feature ever.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Oh. I thought it cost more. That's not too bad at all.... About the same cost as VCDS! LOL!

I might have to rustle up the part #'s and check it out before next winter.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
864 Posts
I think I have a used wheel and module if you are interested. Let me know and I can check the garage this weekend.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Thanks for the offer, Blowovette. I probably won't do anything about it until later this year. I've put enough money into my vehicles for a while. LOL! I'll keep you in mind, but of course don't hold it for me.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think I have a used wheel and module if you are interested. Let me know and I can check the garage this weekend.

I'll take you up on that Blownvette! If you could check and get a picture of the wheel condition that would be awesome!

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If anyone else is interested in a complete heated steering wheel kit, I have one. The PO of the Touareg bought the steering wheel, and I bought the module and the clock spring from Germany. I sold the Touareg before I got a chance to install it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If anyone else is interested in a complete heated steering wheel kit, I have one. The PO of the Touareg bought the steering wheel, and I bought the module and the clock spring from Germany. I sold the Touareg before I got a chance to install it.
I am interested, please send me all the details in a PM?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It seem like installing heated steering wheels is a popular sport!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Funny thing is my 10 is not supposed to have the heated steering wheel. I hit the button and low and behold the steering wheel gets warm. No dash lights to indicate it is on but I know for sure it is working. Strange but I will take it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Funny thing is my 10 is not supposed to have the heated steering wheel. I hit the button and low and behold the steering wheel gets warm. No dash lights to indicate it is on but I know for sure it is working. Strange but I will take it.
You Lucky B, Enjoy

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You would have known this if you had gone to your VW dealer and asked them to print off the build sheets, also known as the data sheets, for your car.

They run to several pages of everything your car was built with.

EVERY owner should have a copy for their Touareg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts