Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 T3 Exec. My heated steering wheel seems to get warm for a while then turns itself off. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Or should it stay warm until I turn it off myself? I didn't see anything in the owners manual about how it's supposed to work.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I have a 2012 T3 Exec. My heated steering wheel seems to get warm for a while then turns itself off. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Or should it stay warm until I turn it off myself? I didn't see anything in the owners manual about how it's supposed to work.
Mine does the same thing. Maybe this is by design? My Dodge Durango's heated steering wheel is very warm and remains constant, which is better.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I think this is just like it was with my driver's seat after ~2 years of ownership: heat was still working, but it was shutting down after 2 minutes or so. Problem was identified as short in the seat heater circuit. The seat skin was replaced under warranty and everything works fine since.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does the same thing. Maybe this is by design? My Dodge Durango's heated steering wheel is very warm and remains constant, which is better.
Hmm, that's a bummer. My wife would like it to stay on constantly. My BMW 235i heated wheel does stay on.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Mine stays on just not always warm...in and out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine stays on just not always warm...in and out.
Yes, that may be more like we are experiencing. Maybe its reaches a certain temp, turns off, then warms back up?

·
Registered
499 Posts
My 2012 works the same way. It warms up and then stops heating then it will come back on. I remember reading on here that it heats up to 72 degrees and then maintains that. I also remember reading that the intensity of the heat is correlated to the heated seat setting as well. It may be untrue but sometimes the wheel feels hotter when the seat is on #3.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does anyone know what the maximum value for a heated steering wheel is on a 2016. I increased it to 34 degrees celsius ... which is great but thought about maybe going to 36..but is there a limit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts