Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Treggers,

I'm from Sydney/Australia and have been lusting over an R50 for a few years. Until recently I have always talked myself out of getting one, but slowly the heart is winning out over the head.

After doing a lot of reading, the impression I get is that buying an R50 (I'm looking at the My10 model) is very risky at best.

Simple things like troubleshooting, maintenance(dpfs, etc), spares and a reliable mechanic/shop seem to be a problem.

So in order to mitigate some of these risks, the head (and wallet) would like to know if anyone;
  • has a link to the R50 maintenance schedule
  • knows of a good service centre for the R50 in NSW and VIC
  • has anything else I can read to help me make a decision
The heart is saying, shhhhhhh, just get one, its gorgeous!

So....Head or Heart?

Many thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,012 Posts
welcome Tregdreamer.

An R50 is the much lusted after version for sure. Very few made it to Australia, and you are very wise to do your sums before hand. Also...maybe check insurance prices/CTP?

In the meantime...... "paging Bails.....R50 enquiry at counter #2. Paging Bails"

:joy:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hi TregDreamer, maint. sched not really any different from any other Treg just the price of parts like brakes, tyres, wheels (genuine) are a lot more. Normal consumables about the same as are service costs. DPF fluid is dear but only needed about every 80-90k km. There 2 DPFs that may need replacing or something when they finally fill up and they ain't cheap. I've had extended warranty on mine since the manufacturer's one ran out and so far it's been worth it but not because it's an R50, just because it's a VW Touareg and some things can cost. Overall in my opinion and that of at least 3 other R50 owners I communicate with, they are amazingly versatile, fun vehicles. The current pricing makes them even more attractive, way too cheap IMHO. Unless it's already been sold, one of the forum members (on the Gold Coast) was thinking of selling his as it hardly gets used due to change of circumstances. There were only 194 brought into the country and a few of those have been totalled. PM me if more info wanted. John

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,012 Posts
^^^^ I forgot about you John....sorry mate.

Good info :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts