Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
When someone steals your headlight units like they do in Russia and hold them to ransom .... Hey this is good improvising ... thumbs up to this unlucky owner

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When someone steals your headlight units like they do in Russia and hold them to ransom .... Hey this is good improvising ... thumbs up to this unlucky owner
This problem exists in big cities (like Moscow) and surroundings. I know a Muscovite who lost his headlights twice :) Eventually he sold his T1. Small towns are free of that crime. However, another problem evolved in recent past. There are groups of young mobs setting the parked cars on fire at night time. Just to have a "fun".

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This problem exists in big cities (like Moscow) and surroundings. I know a Muscovite who lost his headlights twice :) Eventually he sold his T1. Small towns are free of that crime. However, another problem evolved in recent past. There are groups of young mobs setting the parked cars on fire at night time. Just to have a "fun".
Just a documented confirmation of my words, posted 18 hours ago Land Cruiser on fire:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpWNiI0HfMK/?taken-by=nvrsk_road

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
People were pinching and burning cars for fun here in the UK over 30 years ago!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People were pinching and burning cars for fun here in the UK over 30 years ago!
I used to read Dailymail on a quite regular basis. So, we may expect knifing and acid attacks within 30 years. Good thing, we don't have benefits and food stamps here, so, no Calais "teens". But we are 30 years ahead in terms of road rages :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
However, another problem evolved in recent past. There are groups of young mobs setting the parked cars on fire at night time. Just to have a "fun".
Thirty years ago at least the English "joyriders" were stealing the cars and driving them before torching them!

There's not so much of that now as security systems got better but . .

Now the more sophisticated car thieves who steal to order use a laptop whilst standing outside your front door to interrogate your car keys inside the house to open and start your expensive car. . .

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now the more sophisticated car thieves who steal to order use a laptop whilst standing outside your front door to interrogate your car keys inside the house to open and start your expensive car. . .

Probably that's why no keyless in my new Golf. So, where does the order come from? Usually these orders originated from uncontrolled, violent, burqa-clad territories. Suppose UK is an isolated island far away from these cesspits. Whereas my home is quite near to :-( Spare parts black market?
According to statistic VW vehicles (incl. Tregs) are of the least interest for thieves. I heard some people keep their FOBs inside Mikrowelle to jam scanners signals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts