Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bare in mind that ur headlight magazine might be stuck due to mud (dust and water) or other debry so applying some remover or oil b4 attempting to twist the poorly designed tit and special tool, bcos otherwise if too much force is applied it will brake (as it has happened 2is to me). If that happened get pressure pliers and lock them on the remaining of the tit and twist carefully in a circular motion, not jerking it much, remember the housing is only plastic and it brakes. This is what i have been doing with mine for the past years. Next owner, if ever sell, is gonna get the pliers with the treg xD.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It is highly unlikely to be affected by mud - but it can stick which is why, 24 hours before you need to access it, you give the mechanism a liberal squirt of freeing oil.

I squirt mine regardless every October when I increase the strength of my windscreen wash additive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
DASH LIGHTS FLICKERING HELP AND DASH WONT STAY ON SAME WITH THE CONTROLS ON THE STEER

PLEASE LOOK AT THE VIDEO CAUSE IM STUCK I NEED HELP!

THE STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS DONT WORK AND DASH IS DEAD BUT FLICKERS WHEN I PUT KEY IN AND START IT LOOK AT VIDEO AND LET ME KNOW?

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this flickering headlight issue as well... 2004 v6 touareg. It seems like no one had a for sure fix. Im thinking about a new bulb but don't want to deal with it flickering again down the road... just checking again since this is an old thread. Will a new headlight w ballast fix this or is it the harness or something else. ?? Thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have this flickering headlight issue as well... 2004 v6 touareg. It seems like no one had a for sure fix. Im thinking about a new bulb but don't want to deal with it flickering again down the road... just checking again since this is an old thread. Will a new headlight w ballast fix this or is it the harness or something else. ?? Thanks.
Generally it means you need new bulbs, specially if they are HID ones. At least on my Treg, that is the case

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Lights flickering and then all of a sudden the passenger side went out a few days ago and hasn’t come back on. I ordered a new light assembly today which I tried, but still did not work. Not sure what to do now?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey I have a good one for you guys, I have a first Gen 4.2 and at first I thought the lights were very dim so I purchased new HID's and LED bulbs , after installing the bulbs are very dim in low beam and high beam but I noticed a flicker and have since figured out that it's not so much a flicker as it's a momentary flash of its full light power. That's my first stumper, the second is the passenger side has taken to flashing 4 times at start up then go out till I restart the vehicle. At that point it just flashes 4 more times and goes out again over and over again. I think i played that game for 20 min before letting the car win, wth! So my question in short is why don't my headlights run at full lumens(only for brief flashes or almost reverse flickers, and why does the one bulb flash 4 times and go out at start up??

21 - 33 of 33 Posts