Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my headlights flicker and sometimes the headlight goes out completely for 3 to 5 seconds then comes back on. I get the check lights message in the dash but it goes away when they come back on. They flash on and off constantly. The previous owner wanted to change them but he broke the headlight "gear" while doing so. I have new bulbs and want to try and put them in but I'm not sure if that will help and I also have to get the driver side out somehow. I have the plastic piece with the gear on the end of it. Plastic welding it back on is the only thing I can think of to get it back on but I don't thing it is sting enough to get the headlight out. I'm not sure if new bulbs will help the flickering and shutting off of the headlights. Anyone have these problems before? Thanks

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've soaked it in penetrating oil 3 times today so far. I ordered new bulbs and I'm planning on putting them in soon. I'm gonna use vice grips or long needle nose pliers to turn the gear. I'm going to soak it for awhile. I hope this fixes both lights or I am going to try new ballasts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I changed the bulbs and no more flickering. I couldn't get a pair of vice grips on the gear. I had to put the end of a flat head screw driver on it and beat it with a hammer. Sketchy at best but it got the job done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts