Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get a euro spec headlight switch for a 2010 treg. The current one I have is # 7L6 941 431 AA. It only has off, on, front fogs only while headlights are on. I have added aftermarket hids and turned of the drl. I'm looking for an option to do off, parking lights only, parking with fogs, main lights on and main lights with front fogs. I have ordered various switches and none of them seem to work. I have no coming home, leaving home or auto functions on the original switch. I've tried the local dealers here and they don't have any info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try 1st and the mods here. Everything is for tregs with auto lights. Something that we didnt get here for the 2010 on the comfortline. You would have to get the highline which was an additional $12,000 above the $67,700 I already spent for mine.
I tried ecstuning as they listed one. After $25 shipping and $43 brokerage plus the $85 for the switch, it's also the wrong one. They did offer me an in store credit.
I'll try the Vw dealer you listed.
Thanks

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
The "A" is replaced by a "tunnel" but I would assume the functionality is the same. No?

siberian

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
The "A" is replaced by a "tunnel" but I would assume the functionality is the same. No?

siberian
Tunnel? :confused:

Well the one I'm holding in my hand(still not installed :rolleyes:) is the one with the letter A, but where it gets confusing is that there is a dude on this board that has two AA after the 431, and he claims that he can't get his to work, so I just don't know anymore.

It is purported that there are like 13(okay maybe 7-8?:rolleyes:) variations of this switch.

Perhaps Spockcat knows the secret in a decipherable one liner?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
5,765 Posts
Yes if you look at the switch, it starts with 0 (ZERO) meaning OFF, then there is either the letter A (for Auto on/off) OR a symbol denoting a TUNNEL (meaning lights will come on AUTOMATICALLY when you enter a tunnel or dark area.

I'll have to go look at mine. But it's time to feed the kids now

siberian

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The switch I have has no "A" (automatic) for the North American cars or the tunnel (euro). All I have is "O" off and on, a light symbol.
The AA was in the part number. So far I'm still out of luck but still searching. Thanks for all the input though, when I do find something I'll let everyone know

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They make it more complicated than it really needs to be. I'm sure out of all the switches they make I can find one that will work. I just might have to brush up on my German and get up really early one morning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What options do the two switches have? I take it the "A" is the stock switch and the "N" is the euro switch.
The while confusing part is that my egg is a 2010 so the electronics are random an redundant. It was a mismash of old parts before the 11's and new stuff to make them clear out. Ie coming home, leaving home, auto lights.... Seems to be the only reason for the 15+ headlight switch options. All of which I don't have.

·
5,765 Posts
No, both are Euro-switches. One went into my 2008 V6 (the N) and the other into my 2008 V8.

None of the myriad combinations has anything to do with having rear fogs and the ability to do what you want (i.e. home coming etc.) on the switch. You will have to bend a pin (7 I think) if you don't have the rear fogs lights

siberian

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do either of your switches have to auto feature? Everyone seems to tell me that if I buy a switch with the auto setting, which my egg doesn't have, they won't work.

·
5,765 Posts
Yes they do, but as long as you don't use that feature I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in the other settings. Both switches have the required "rear fog" setting - meaning double pull. One for front and second for rear fogs.

siberian

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm just looking for a switch that will do, off, parking lights, front fogs with parking, front headlights and front headlights with front fogs. I don't need rear fogs but If it came with, that's fine. I just wouldn't pull it out that far. If I did, I have a vag com to get rid of the error. I don't have any auto, coming home or leaving home and nor do I want.
I did buy a switch that was correct except it had the auto feature. The switch didn't work. When I plugged it in everything was just on all the time. It could have just been a faulty switch but @ $100+ I'm not willing to make that mistake again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine has off, on and on with front fogs. So I'm missing the parking lights and parking with fogs.
I don't want to run the newly installed hid's all the time and right now during the day I run with nothing on, drl disabled via vag com.
I've got several warnings from the local cops. I just tell them I have a faulty module and it's on order from Germany. So far I have been getting by with that excuse but a ticket is coming my way if I keep it up

·
5,765 Posts
The park/fogs are enabled with the euro switch (no VAG-COM setting needed) but why things get screwed up on yours... Have you fiddled with any other settings like "North America" vs "ROW" ? No other explanation I can think of. Maybe someone with a 2010 can chime in.

siberian

1 - 20 of 23 Posts