Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone... and anyone that might assist. Both low beam and high beam are out on passenger side, mechanic told me to buy a whole assembly for my 2004 Touareg. Enter LKQ for reputable parts, still Not working, checked fuses, all good, is there a relay or other area to check? Free advice from VW service dept said I might buy a new control computer for a few hundered or jiggle the electrical harness that plugs into the back of the housing. And make sure the headlamp housing is locked in completely.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Since all lights in that headlamp assembly are out the first suspect would be the connector the headlamp assembly slides into. Slide the headlight out and use a flashlight to make sure the connector the headlamp slides into is properly located. (check the other side if you wonder what it should look like.) Also take a look at the wires at the connector to see if any are broken or appear to be loose. You MAY be able to wiggle the connector around to the point where it makes a good connection.
If the plastic that holds the connector in place is broken or cracked it is a HUGE PITA to replace!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that looks fine, maybe my godfather missed a fuse or relay, do you know which ones to check or where the power source wires are that would lead to the passenger headlamp?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Lukedupre2019
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing