Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RNS-510 (2010), upgraded to 1140/42. I have always had HD radio, but have been wanting to pick up the HD subchannels with this upgrade.

Question is 'how'?

I may be dense, but don't know how one accesses the HD channels.

thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
According to sources on VW Navi the subchannels are not available on the RNS 510 unless you have a C unit. Most of the RNS 510's in the 09-10 Tregs were A and B units. It is a hardware change on the C unit that allows for subchannels, not software. So no worries on how to access them since you can't anyhow.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, if I can't have it then so be it - but if I had a 'C' unit, how would I get to the subchannels? I have no easy way of knowing what hardware I have, so I can only hope that since my car is a very late 2010 build date it isn't impossible that I would have a 'C' unit, but with my luck it will be the very last 'B'.

If we set aside using a VagCom or pulling the unit is there a quick way of telling that I am ignorant of?

VagCom should be under the tree this year!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Click "Station list" and it will show sub channel as a same station but with letters following the station frequency in a matter such as "HD1" "HD2" etc.....

Peter

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Click "Station list" and it will show sub channel as a same station but with letters following the station frequency in a matter such as "HD1" "HD2" etc.....

Peter
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts