Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
having just purchased my first Touareg recently I was wondering what process you used to decide this was the car for you?
For my self I had been interested in a Late model 3 or 4 year old V6 TDI 4XMotion with low K's up to 60,000K's , with Adjustable Air Suspension , Front and Back cameras and also Area View and 100 ltr Fuel tank. , Tow Bar.
What I found was there were several available but not with all the options I required and getting low K's and being located in Victoria was going to be quite difficult . I had contacted all the VW dealers in Victoria and left them with my contact details and the type of Touareg that I was after. Only 2 dealers got back to me and the rest either were too busy or could not help me?

Then I decided to look on the internet sites like Gumtree and Carsales and found one for sale in country Victoria that was just perfect but unfortunately it was sold before I could get a chance to see it. My only option was to look interstate and I found one on Carsales and left my a phone message with the car dealership on a Sunday afternoon that I was interested and required more details on this vehicle.
Within in 5 minutes I had was contacted by a salesman and was able to get full details of the Touareg that they had for sale.
Over the next week I had paid a deposit on the vehicle and had organised a RACQ workshop inspection and had the had the service history and service book details emailed to me .
I decided to purchase the 2012 7P MY13 V6 TDI 180 KW 4XMotion with 58,000 Km with all the options I wanted except the Tow bar. Currently waiting on the Touareg to be transported to Victoria .

Regards Kennyg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello FSJ Guy, Thanks for the reply yes I agree when you can't find a vehicle locally you are forced to look interstate . Here in Australia we have a small population compared to the US so at times you are limited to what you can find locally

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have bought my last four cars from interstate, all because they were the spec/KM I wanted. Nice to have the drive home to get to know the car you've just bought.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, Bought my first last week:

Initial Criteria:
Local. South Island of NZ
V6 3.2 Petrol
Towbar
Leather
Less than NZ$12k
Preferably not light Silver.
The above meant i was looking at 2003-2005 models. But once i'd started to factor in a max k's of around 100,000 i was outpriced.

Then I came across a 2008 3.6 with 115,000k. Black, facelift, towbar, air suspension and newer overall. Loved it. So although it cost more, I bought it.

·
Super Moderator
1,578 Posts
I searched interstate, and drilled down on 2 vehicles that were in Melbourne.

I eventually finished up buying the (almost) perfect car, no more than 5km from me (from a ClubTouareg.com member). So...very lucky.

I will look as far afield as necessary when looking for the car I want. Most of my purchases are specification specific, so, if not available locally, an airfare and drive home is not impossible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just purchased my first Touareg. A 2011 7P 3.0 TDI 4Motion.

I would have liked the air suspended 4XMotion but the car I found was in such good condition I didn't want to pass it up. Plus the only real 4wd activity I would be doing is beach driving and snow trips which the 4Motion can handle ok.

The family loves it so far.

I have purchased an air pressure guage with de-air function and 8t snatch strap so far. I would like to get another tow eye recovery bolt though.

These have to be the most underrated cars on the planet. So much capable car for the money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just purchased our first as well. 2005 R5 TDI 2.5 Luxury. 104,000klms, full VW dealer service history, towbar, new tyres, new brakes, recent service, in Silver, exactly what I was after.
I had decided a few months ago what I wanted after having done a lot of research. I had carsales.com.au send me an email whenever something remotely resembling what I was looking for turned up and when it finally did I contacted the dealer and took it from there.
I worked in car sales for a few years and drove the Touareg when it first hit the market in Australia, it impressed me then (although I couldn't say it at the time as I was selling Porsches :) )
I do know how good the Cayenne was off road from personal experience and therefore knew that the Touareg must be at least as competent. The fuel economy of the 2.5TDI is a plus as well :)
Have now had the car for almost 3 weeks and it still continues to impress.

A couple of mods I'd like to make in the near future are....fit my UHF radio, find a place to fit a 20" light bar..possibly on a licence plate bracket and side steps. My previous 4x4 had alloy bull bar, tail light guards, under car protection, light bars/driving lights, Transmission oil cooler, UHF radio, 12v/240V inverter, cargo barrier, A/T tyres, HD lifted suspension, Snorkel, and much more.... I don't think I'll be needing to modify the Touareg to that extent as I reckon I've done all the hard core off-roading I'll need to do :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked for 4 months on all east coast Australia for 2-3 year old Touareg V6 180 with Driver Assistance and Technology packages plus towbar. These cars are very popular and I found they are snapped up pretty quickly. I also found that most are located in Victoria for some reason. During this time only 2 cars came on the market and I missed getting the perfect car in month 4 because I put off going to look at it or call by one day. So as soon as the next car came up last week interstate I called the dealer straight away and put a holding deposit on it and drove all the next day to look at it. They gave me a good trade in for my old car and I drove the Touareg home the same day. It had everything I had been looking for plus roof racks, panorama window and 9 months warranty. Am very happy. So lesson is call as soon as a car comes up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts