Club Touareg Forum banner

Has anyone had issues with SiriusXM updating and erasing presets relentlessly?

14K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  Brobb 
#1 ·
My Sirius Receiver seems to do an update every 2 weeks and every time it does it erases most all of my presets. Is there a way to stop the RNS from updating the Sirius stations automatically? I called Sirius and they said they cannot change the signal that it was something I would have to call the automaker about. Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,
Brandan

#5 ·
Yeah, our infotainment units are quite old. It shows in their functionality and various issues.

I noticed that some channels changed, however, especially the first 4 or 5. They used to be 40s on 4, 50s on 5, and now it starts with 60s. There's new pop channels in their place. There were some changes high up too, but i noticed that it wiped from memory some stations that did not change (Alternative CH 36 for example).

#6 ·
Yes I noticed a few of my channels stayed saved as well. But I didn't notice the actual channel number change. Just that it deleted my memory. I thought..no big deal..I will reset it. Surely it won't update often. I was wrong. Maybe its a surge of updates that will slow down.

And you are right. Not many options for customization in the Touareg infotainment. Even with Dynaudio I am surprised how little you can adjust the sound. I have more adjustability in my 2001 Mazda's stock CD player. But thats the way the Germans do ya. I am wondering if once I get my VCDS if opening the green screen allows for anymore versatility.

#11 ·
I think this has been answered previously. Vw blames Sirius and it just goes back and forth. I have been dealing with for almost 2 years and it is quite aggravating. I think when it comes time to renew my contract with sirius I am not going to renew. I personally blame Sirius they are the ones doing the updates not VW!

#12 ·
Yea that’s why I called Sirius first. And they said they couldn’t control the signal. And that can’t be true cause they base your subscription on your radio ID. They sure can cut it from receiving signal so surely they can cut the updates from a particular ID.

#17 ·
I am having the same issue with my RNS850. Satellite "Channels Updating" about every other week. It is not just German vehicles. It has also been an issue for many years.

I did want to point out that the RNS does have some adjustment that is not obvious. When I bought my '14 Treg TDI Exec, I was very disappointed with the audio quality. A quick search found the hidden adjustment with each of the Dynaudio Confidence settings: https://www.clubtouareg.com/threads...-the-touareg-t3-7p.287825/page-2#post-2044109

#19 ·
Seems like it’s a problem for a lot of people. Too bad there is no solution.

Didn’t your 14’ executive already have dynaudio? I was wondering if my making those changes on a already dynaudio system would make any difference.
That is what I thought also. I made the adjustments and it is now a completely different system. Sounds much better. Much crisper highs and the bass really hits now. I did mine about a year ago and have not had to make any more changes. Settings are still set.

#22 ·
I am tempted to just let the satellite service go and just use my Spotify through my Echo Auto. I will say that the SiriusXM has not reset in a couple of weeks though, so maybe they fixed their issue? Who knows.

#24 ·
Mine also continues to get erased. Appears to be every 2 weeks now. Not worth renewing my Sirius/XM subscription. Problem solved. ;)

#25 ·
I just spoke with technical service at Sirius Xm. They advised that they do not refresh the signal unless they requested to. I told them that there are a lot of unhappy serious XM users that are losing their presets and that this is serious :) Soooooo,Technical service claimed it wasn’t their issue as others have mentioned above.
I just don’t have an explanation as to why it did not happen with the X5 and it happens with the egg.
I’m wondering if it’s a conflict with the iPhone connection and refresh in the vw ? Any thoughts?

#26 ·
I sure wish I knew. I find it hard to believe that its the RNS when some save after update and some do not. And its random numbers as well. Not the same ones. I think it has to be something to do with Sirius XM but when I called they told be the same thing. That I would need to contact the manufacturer. have to contact VW America. I plan on it at some point to see what they say.

#27 ·
If it was just VW then there would be no argument. The problem is that, like I posted previously, this is a across many manufacturers, models, and radios. The commonality of all of these issues is the supplier, Sirius/XM, and they can't convince me otherwise. FTI... it also does not affect the local radio stations presets.

#29 ·
I don't blame you a bit..and you would think they would be smart enough to realize this could cause them to lose business and they would have some motivation to call the manufacturers themselves to trouble shoot whats going wrong. I guess they don't see it as a major problem..but if they lose a lot of business it would be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.