Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sirius Receiver seems to do an update every 2 weeks and every time it does it erases most all of my presets. Is there a way to stop the RNS from updating the Sirius stations automatically? I called Sirius and they said they cannot change the signal that it was something I would have to call the automaker about. Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,
Brandan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine too. I like having the presets but I am tired of setting them to have them erased. I don’t see any way to stop the updates.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, our infotainment units are quite old. It shows in their functionality and various issues.

I noticed that some channels changed, however, especially the first 4 or 5. They used to be 40s on 4, 50s on 5, and now it starts with 60s. There's new pop channels in their place. There were some changes high up too, but i noticed that it wiped from memory some stations that did not change (Alternative CH 36 for example).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I noticed a few of my channels stayed saved as well. But I didn't notice the actual channel number change. Just that it deleted my memory. I thought..no big deal..I will reset it. Surely it won't update often. I was wrong. Maybe its a surge of updates that will slow down.

And you are right. Not many options for customization in the Touareg infotainment. Even with Dynaudio I am surprised how little you can adjust the sound. I have more adjustability in my 2001 Mazda's stock CD player. But thats the way the Germans do ya. I am wondering if once I get my VCDS if opening the green screen allows for anymore versatility.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its unfortunate that sirius can't flag your radio ID number to not receive updates. Sounds like it might just be one of my things. Das Auto.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may call VW one day and see if they have any answers. Even though it’s doubtful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I may call VW one day and see if they have any answers. Even though it’s doubtful.
I think this has been answered previously. Vw blames Sirius and it just goes back and forth. I have been dealing with for almost 2 years and it is quite aggravating. I think when it comes time to renew my contract with sirius I am not going to renew. I personally blame Sirius they are the ones doing the updates not VW!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea that’s why I called Sirius first. And they said they couldn’t control the signal. And that can’t be true cause they base your subscription on your radio ID. They sure can cut it from receiving signal so surely they can cut the updates from a particular ID.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yea that’s why I called Sirius first. And they said they couldn’t control the signal. And that can’t be true cause they base your subscription on your radio ID. They sure can cut it from receiving signal so surely they can cut the updates from a particular ID.
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head. I enjoyed it but it time to move on. Bye bye sirius!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, ongoing issue in the Touareg. Drives my wife crazy. We are having other issues with the infotainment system as well. I have another thread going about it that I will update soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, all the time. We have 3 other vehicles with Sirius and no issues, ever. Had satellite radio for 15 years including even more vehicles, again no issues. It is a hardware deficiency with VW. I cannot blame Sirius based on my experience.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s weird that it will usually save a few of the presets but most are gone. I wonder what causes that? Guess it’s futile to do the presents then. Cause that satellite radio updates all the time. Constantly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts